C-UPHD teaches comprehensive sex ed curriculum in eligible Champaign County schools through our PREP grant. The Personal Responsibility Education Program (PREP) aims to reduce teen pregnancies and their negative consequences, as well as sexually transmitted infections (STIs) and associated risk behaviors.
PREP programs are:
- provide education on both abstinence and contraceptive use, and
- educate youth on at least three of six adulthood preparation topics.
PREP is targeted toward high-risk populations, such as youth residing in geographic areas with high teen birth rates, adjudicated youth, youth in foster care, minority youth, and pregnant or parenting teens. (Source: ww.acf.hhs.gov/sites/default/files/opre/prep_eval_design_survey_report_102213.pdf)
If your school is interested in having a C-UPHD health educator teach sex ed curriculum, please contact us at 531-2912.
C-UPHD Family Planning Presentations
- C-UPHD Family Planning staff can lead presentations on subjects such as: HIV/AIDS, Sexually Transmitted Infections, Birth Control Options, and Intimate Partner Violence/ Healthy Relationships. Contact us at 217-352-7961 if you are interested in arranging a presentation.
- Abortion Services
- Birth Control
- HIV Testing
- Men's Health Care
- Morning-After Pill (Emergency Contraception)
- Pregnancy Testing & Services
- STD Testing, Treatment & Vaccines
- Women's Health Care
Tools for Educators - Planned Parenthood
Sex education can be a challenging subject for students and teachers alike. Planned Parenthood’s tools and resources help you give your students the tools they need to make smart, healthy decisions.
Presentation: The Role of Comprehensive Sex Education in Preventing Sexually Offensive Behaviors (PDF)